Generating network license files for redundant servers
Note: You must use 3 redundant servers; 2 will not work due to a limitation with the license manager.
The Maplesoft Offline Activation page should be used to generate the required maple.lic file for all 3 redundant license servers.
To generate this type of license file:
- Enter a network purchase code in the Purchase Code field.
- Enter the hardware identifying values of the 3 redundant license servers each separated by a comma. This can be either the primary network adapter's MAC address or the hard disk serial number (Windows only).
- Select HostID from the drop down menu.
- Enter the 3 host IDs separated by commas. For example:
Disk Serial Number:
- Select DISK_SERIAL_NUM from the drop down menu.
- Enter the 3 disk serial numbers with each value separated by commas. For example:
- Choose the number of users (default is maximum available) and fill in the contact information. The generated license file will be sent to the email address entered here.
- Open the license file in a text editor and replace the < servername > with the corresponding name or IP address of the license servers (do not keep the angled brackets).
- Add the port numbers to be used at the end of the 3 SERVER lines. For example:
SERVER < servername > < Host ID > 27000
- Save a copy of the .lic file to each of the 3 license servers and configure the FLEXlm license manager accordingly to point to these files.
- Each client would need to have the license.dat file replaced with an edited license.dat file containing information about the redundancy.
License File ConfigurationWhen you install Maple on a client for a regular network installation, the license.dat file will look something like the following:
======================================================== # # License File for Windows Network Client Installations # SERVER servername ANY USE_SERVER ========================================================where, "servername" is replaced with the name or IP address of the single FLEXlm license server.
Redundant License File ConfigurationFor a redundant server setup, the license.dat file would need to look like:
========================================================= # # License File for Windows Network Client Installations # SERVER servername1 ANY SERVER servername2 ANY SERVER servername3 ANY USE_SERVER ==========================================================where "servername1", "servername2", "servername3" are replaced with the names or IP address of the redundant FLEXlm license servers.
Inquiries:If you require further assistance with the redundant server network license setup please contact Technical Support at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the Maple version, exact operating system and purchase code/order number in your message (e.g. Maple 2017, Mac OSX 10.11.6, Order #123456).
Did you find this article helpful?